Saturday, July 17, 2010

Confidence Galore


I absolutely love the Pinkett- Smith family. As a wife, mother and business woman, Jada Pinkett- Smith is a woman to consider as a role model for us all. She has a strong hand on discipline, which next to love I believe is a major key in raising children. My motto, "spare the rod, spoil the child"!
But what I love the most about Jada how she allows her children to be the person that God made them to be. She doesn't push her children to look a certain way or forces them into the entertainment world behind her and their father, Will Smith. If you have seen any interviews with the Pinkett- Smith off spring, you can notice the genuine love for what they do as a family. They are very well behaved, punctual kids and I love it when they are asked a question from a reporter and they will look at the mommy to make sure that it is okay to answer ( my daughter does the same as well).
Willow Smith, 8yrs old, has personality that I know very well through my own daughter. Below Jada talks about Willow and her sassy individual style:

"She decided, 'I want hair like my grandmother's.' I said 'Willow, grandma has not hair- you have to have some hair.' And she said, "Mom I'm really tired of the hair. I just really feel like I'd like it to get in the pool. I want to swim. I just dont want to be bothered with the hair" After discussing it with my husband Will, Willow was given permission to shave the sides of her head."

Per Willows Stylist, The mohawk, which is a favorite style of mine at the moment for the same reasons as Willow, fit her personality:

"Look, It's 2010. Cant out little girls move into the future without ruffling feathers? The look is fun, empowering, anti-relaxer and anti weave. More women need to steer their little girls in this direction. If your child is a forward-thinker, you should guide her instead of something her."

My kind of girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment